Wednesday, July 21, 2010

If You Don't Stand For Something You'll Fall For Anything!

I do agree with the commentary after reading this article, because I know how some of the programs listed have really helped out our nation. "The clause was the legal basis for any number of statutes of enormous benefit to society. It is why we have the Clean Air Act. The Clean Water Act. The Endangered Species Act. The Fair Labor Standards Act, setting a minimum wage and limiting child labor. The Civil Rights Act of 1964, which outlawed segregation in the workplace and in public accommodations." I do support the health care law because many do not have health care and now that it is in effect, I feel that later it would improve our health as a nation. I am a minority and from my short time on this Earth, I have personally seen family and friends who feel that the government does not care, because they do not have the financial support to get its attention. People with money, most whom are Repulbilcans, run things because their position financially. I do feel that a lot of republicans either do not care or choose not to look at the situation, because they do not want to help out their fellow citizens. Republicans are all about making money and we have seen what that has led to. This is a country that is supposed to be the supreme power over the world, and everyone wants to follow in our footsteps.  But I feel more than anything that instead of going forward we are stepping back in time. We are becoming more separated because we as a 'people' are so stuck in our ways, and too stubborn to move towards new things that could help with progression. I feel, that no one is willing to get out of the mindset of wanting power and being in control.  I believe that the Constitution was written so there could always will be room to roam and make changes. I do not fully understand the interstate commerce topic, however I do understand that the US is over all the states. How can a state tell the Federal Goverment what to do? Majority of the minorities feel that things are far from perfect but can say that I they are finally being heard. We do not hear too much about the little people/ parties, because majority of these news outlets are working for those two major parties. I feel that if it was Bush or another republican trying to deal with some of the issues at hand, then it would not have been as much controversy as we are seeing over the current issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment